Fwd: Re: [Kolab-devel] The kolab-resource-handlers module

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Oct 13 18:26:40 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 09:50 schrieb radoeka:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 09:35:51AM +0200, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 October 2005 09:22, radoeka wrote:
> > > Let's rephrase this to: "Everything n the current package depends on
> > > horde".  Is that indeed what you wanted to say?
> > >
> > > In that case, please look up some emails from me in this thread and
> > > you'll see that I state that there only about 15 horde (files/libs)
> > > needed...
> >
> > Ok, so you have successfully isolated 15 files that can be kept while
> > the rest are thrown away without any ill effects?
>
> No, I have not isolated, but identified 15 files.  These 15 files are of
> course part of horde modules.  That most likely means that there are
> some horde modules are to be used.  Depending on there dependencies that
> might become more.....  It would be nice to hear from the developer that
> maintains this bit, what can be done.

I guess that we still need to identify on what files we actually do depend.
For this I have made some suggestions before.
If you have found a set of files for the resmgr and the freebusy module,
just try if this still works after removing the others.

Another attempt would be to read up on Horde and php inclusion rules
and try to create a dependency graph.

> There are multiple options:
> 1. confiscate the whole thing...., how can the horde code be
> autoconfiscated?

The subset that is needed for resmgr and freebusy would need to be included,
but I think I am getting a bit confused here about the autoconfiscation.
I think the goal was to get a Kolab Server running from tarballs?

> 2. store the horde code in its own module (I think that is best solution)
>
> 3. Something in between.

At least part of the Horde code is needed by resmgr and freebusy,
so 2. never was an option. (Or am I missing something?).

You only want to have the fbview in your own module.
But if the part of Horde needed for resmgr and freebusy is a large
fraction of Horde, then we do not win much be removing this feature anyway
and we would need to go with 1.

Regards,
Bernhard

Bernhard