AW: AW: AW: [Kolab-devel] Re: kolab_bootstrap -b fails on Solaris 8Sparc

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Oct 13 18:17:42 CEST 2005

Hi Andrea,

Am Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 21:34 schrieb ComCept Net GmbH Soliva:
> Mmmhhh the symbolic links would not be copied it means an example for
> better understanding:
>
> If in a directory would exists:
>
> /opt/directory1-2-3-4
>
> And to this directory a link
>
> /opt/directory  -> /opt/directory1-2-3-4
>
> And now I would give a copy command like:
>
>  cp -Rp /opt/directory* /ohterlocation/
>
> It would copy the stuff but after looking to the /otherlocation dir I would
> see two directorys:
>
>  /opt/directory
>  /opt/directory1-2-3-4
>
> And the dir /opt/directory which should be a symbolic link is not anymore a
> symbolic link it is now a real directory!

So indeed your "cp" is not copying links
and you might need to search for a way to do this on Solaris 8.
(Maybe the GNU tools can help.)
As far as I have understood the standard this might not be standard
compatible.

Martin told me last week that he also gave you some hints.
So what is the status of your installation?