[Kolab-devel] Howto setup kolab, 2machines split users, reversdns?

kbaker at missionvi.com kbaker at missionvi.com
Mon Oct 10 21:13:28 CEST 2005

We are running Kolab with 350 mailboxes. We want to split the users onto 2
Kolab machines, segmenting the users with the "Mailbox Home Server" property.

So I have some questions for anyone who has attempted this:

- What is the best way to move users from one machine to the other? We have
used imapsync in the past.

- More importantly how do I setup reverse DNS for mail? Basically I will have
mail1.domain.com and mail2.domain.com. Basically we have had issues with
being blocked by Yahoo do to reverse dns config in the past. This was due
to an imporper config. I don't know how to proceed with reverse if we are
potentially sending through two machines.

Thanks for all any help,

Kevin