[Kolab-devel] [issue1005] uid of administrator can conflict with primary mail address for imap/pop3

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Nov 25 15:19:36 CET 2005

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

I just had the following problem with Kolab server 2.0.1 (+ security updates):
A user account with primary email address "foo.bar at example.com".
An administrator account with uid "foo.bar".

Both can login fine to the web interface, the user can login to smtp, but the
user can't login to pop3 or imap using Outlook 2003 and Toltec Connector 2.0.5
or 2.0.6.
badlogin: [x.x.x.x] plaintext foo.bar at example.com SASL(-13): authentication
failure: checkpass failed

Changing the uid of the user to "fb" didn't help and yielded exactly the same
error message, i.e. with expanded primary email address being listed.

I didn't try other clients, other server versions, or other combinations of user
email and admin uid, e.g. oo.ba instead of foo.bar for the admin uid.

messages: 5919
nosy: bernhard, bh, martin, steffen, thomas
priority: bug
status: unread
title: uid of administrator can conflict with primary mail address for imap/pop3
topic: server, web admin