[Kolab-devel] next patch, this time for kolab-webadmin and kolabd

radoeka radoeka at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 25 13:11:00 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 12:25:18PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 23:16 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Moin Richard,
>
> > Op donderdag 24 november 2005 22:54, schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> > > If all the patches would be here at a fixed date, we could plan for it.
> > > Richard: Can you give a good date when all the big changes are done?
> >
> > There is a big one submitted for kolab-webadmin.
>
> BTW: Can you put them in an issue, topic server, assigned to Steffen?

Even if Steffen it will commit to cvs today?  I Cc'ed Steffen, so he
has the patch in his inbox...

> > Than Marcus is finishing
> > the KRH module, I have reviewed it and there are a few minor things to be
> > changed after this review.  This one changes 2 files in the freebusy
> > directory and 3 files in the resmgr directory.  With changing I mean that
> > the file is also renamed from THIS to THIS.in.  That patch can be in for
> > sure this weekend, maybe tomorrow evening late.
>
> With "in" I assume that you mean that the patch is available?

Indeed, send to the ML.

> > After this a week is needed to apply fine tune patches.  I assume here that
> > every day 1 patch file will be committed.  In other words 7 minor patches
> > are needed.  (I have a todo file here that I go through.  But at the moment
> > it includes todo's that are in the kolab-webadmin patch submitted
> > recently). With the kolab-webadmin patch commited, it's easier to get the
> > overview.
>
> For you -- technically -- it should not make a difference if a patch is
> submitted or not. If it does, we could not use a branch
> "working_richard_marcus" right away so you have the same view.

It does; because the patches depend on eachother and if we (Marcus and
me) continue development the patch grows.  That makes it more difficult
to review...  There I stop after each patch submitted to the ML until
the patch is committed to the list.  Indeed for me or Marcus it does
not matter, for the reviewer it does (and that are Steffen, Martin and
you).  Perhaps I acknowlegde that technically it does not Matter indeed.

--
Richard