[Kolab-devel] [issue997] possibility to configure cachedimap and regular imap per email folder

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Mon Nov 21 20:57:30 CET 2005

Am Montag, 21. November 2005 16:58 schrieb radoeka:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 03:26:46PM +0100, Till Adam wrote:
> > On Monday 21 November 2005 00:41, Martin Konold wrote:
> > > Am Samstag, 19. November 2005 21:49 schrieb Richard Bos:
> > >
> > > In addition this feature would eliminate the currently two
> > > implementations of an imap kioslave in KDE.
> >
> > Just to clarify: There is only one kioslave for the imap4 protocol in
> > KDE. KMail has two distinct folder types and account types, which are not
> > runtime switchable, though. Both use the same kio slave.
>
> What do you mean with not runtime switchable in this context?  I can
> imagine that it is not possible to switch 1 folder from imap to dimap,
> without restarting kmail. But would it be possible to have several folders
> use dimap and others just regular imap?

An account can have the type Disconnected IMAP or Online IMAP exclusively. All
folders in that account react in the way your account is defined as.
So you cannot mix dIMAP and IMAP folders in one account - that's exactly what
the wish is for.
Switching means, you need to create an account of the other type and set it
up... You can not simply open the folder properties to define caching or not
caching. That's what the wish is for.

Andreas