[Kolab-devel] deleting users bugs on kolab 2.1 HEAD

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Nov 3 10:09:02 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 1. November 2005 00:52 schrieb Fabio Pietrosanti:

Hi Fabio,

> i installed an infrastructure with multilocation setup (+10 server) with

> When i delete a user it will never be deleted and "User Deleted,
> awaiting cleanup..." is here forever.

> I see that there are a lot of KolabDeleteflag, one for each
> KolabHomeServer available in the infrastructure.
> kolabDeleteflag: ldap-be.domain
> kolabDeleteflag: smtp1-be.domain
> kolabDeleteflag: smtp2-be.domain
> kolabDeleteflag: cf1-be.domain
> kolabDeleteflag: cf2-be.domain

This is correct. There needs to be a kolabDeleteflag for every kolab host.

> Which component of kolab is responsable for deleting the users in ldap
> directory?

When deleting the user actually in the first place only the deleteflags are
set. It is then the job of _each_ kolab server (kolabd) to cleanup locally.
After the local cleanup (e.g. removal of the mailbox) worked successfully it
the job of the kolabd to remove the deleteflag from the LDAP entry. If it is
the last deleteflag (all other hosts are finished) kolabd must remove the
complete LDAP entry.

> With the exact software configuration but with only one server
> installed, users are deleted without problem so it seems a multilocation
> bug.

Maybe. Does every kolab host have access to the master servers LDAP repository
for writing?

Regards,
-- martin

--