[Kolab-devel] Cyrreconstruct is corrupting mailboxes. How do I use it?

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Wed Nov 2 13:46:50 CET 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 23:11, Kevin Baker wrote:

> My Process:
> - Create account on new machine in Kolab
> - Scp files from old machine user mailbox to new machine user mailbox
> - Correct permissions on files: kolab-r:kolab-r (rw) recursive on all dirs.
> - Shut down Kolab server
> - Remove cyrus.* files from all dirs.
>   (recommendation for migrations from none Kolab boxes in thread)

Did you create the mailboxes in mailboxes.db (manually) before you ran
cyrreconstruct? If the mailboxes are not listed in mailboxes.db,
cyrreconstruct will not find them.

> - Run /kolab/sbin/cyrreconstruct -rf user/username at domain.com
>   I replace username at domain.com with my info
> - Restart Kolab

I have done this sort of migration a couple of times without problems. The
only thing I could think of is bad memory in the server, which can easily
corrupt Cyrus' database files.

Regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--