[Kolab-devel] SMTP Auth for Smarthost/Relayhost

Sebastian Haas haas at ems-wuensche.com
Tue May 24 14:01:02 CEST 2005

Martin Konold schrieb:
> Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2005 12:25 schrieb Sebastian Haas:
>>By the way, is there a way to setup an catchall account in postfix?
>

> There are multiple options. What is your exact requirement?

                                    Client 1
INTERNET             LAN           /
Kolab2 Server -----> Kolab2 Server - Client 2
<SMARTHOST>          <INTERNAL>    \
                                    Client 3

We want for administration reasons that the SMARTHOST only serve one
account: An catchall account. INTERNAL fetches periodically all mails
from SMARTHOST and sort in this mail for the appropriate client (email
address).

For sending the INTERNAL server forwards the email sent by client to
SMARTHOST, which sends it to the real receiver address in the internet.

The SMARTHOST runs as an dedicated mail server in the internet. For
administration purpose we only want to setup new accounts on INTERNAL.

Is this possible with kolab2?

best regards,
Sebastian