[Kolab-devel] SMTP Auth for Smarthost/Relayhost

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Mon May 23 17:24:09 CEST 2005

On Monday, 23. May 2005 17:15, Sebastian Haas wrote:
> Cause it's possible the ISP checks the sender address if it the same as
> for the authentification. And if i'm using several different email
> addresses on the same ISP, i'm running in problems if i try sending
> emails with different sender address, or not?

Usually ISPs allow abitrary email addresses once the sender is authenticated.
Additional authentication doesn't make sense to me and has never occured to
me either, but there might be ISPs around that are paranoid enough. Could you
verify that you are really limited to sending from a certain address/domain
once you are authenticated w/ your ISP?

Cheers,
 Daniel