[Kolab-devel] Re: OpenLDAP performance issues

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sat May 21 23:42:06 CEST 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 18:07, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> Upgrading to BerkeleyDb-4.3.27 is not advised yet as there are some
> locking issues with transactional logs, patches have been provided to
> Sleepycat.
> Between OpenLDAP-2.2.23 and OPenLDAP-2.2.26 only minor bufixes have
> been applied to slapd, back-bdb and back-hdb, major improvements have
> been applied to syncrepl, back-ldap and some overlays.

Ok, I can downgrade to the versions we had before, but we still need the
problem solved somehow. If the LDAP directory that we base the whole
server-config on is not reliable, it doesn't really matter if it
performs well or not.

Do you have suggestions for slapd/bdb config-parameters according to the
following priorities:

1) Reliability
2) Read performance
3) Write performance

Write performace can suffer badly to improve the two other priorities.
So any kind of write caching etc. can be disabled, no problem.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se