[Kolab-devel] Cyrus Murder and kolab

Michael Harlaut m.harlaut at atolcd.com
Fri May 13 11:29:13 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,

>>LDAP and configuration files are well replicated, but the mailboxes
>>content are not.
>>

>No, mailbox contents are intentionally not replicated as this would hurt
>network performance in most cases.
>
>High availability is imho best achieved using a shared storage cluster based
>on something like Heartbeat.

You're right : We made some (quite intensive) tests, and storage cluster
is more efficient than agregating by using Murder.
Murder works really well but has some limitations, and the
synchronization concept is really complex.

To Christophe, about the usability in multi-location mode (and Murder),
I can confirm this is completly transparent from the user point of view.

By using a well designed storage solution and Kolab in multi location
mode, we can avoid using Murder in most of cases.

--
Michael HARLAUT

Atol Conseils et Développements
3 Bd Eiffel - 21600 Longvic