[Kolab-devel] Problem handling Outlook invitations in Kontact

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu May 12 10:42:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

while I've had no problems so far to handle invitations from OL in Kontact,
today I 've got three messages which can't be shown as invitations by
Kontact.

After analysing the messages, the problem seems to be the message structure:

Working:
* multipart alternative
- text part
- html part
- ical attachment

Failing:
* multipart mixed
- multipart alternative
-- text part
-- html part
- ical attachment

Well, if anybody can tell me at first how to reconfigure OL to not use the
mixed parts, this were a suitable workaround for the moment. But to really
solve the problem KMail should be able to detect the ical attachment and
show the nice invitation section in the message view.

Regards,
Andreas

PS. I can provide test messages in private mail if needed.