[Kolab-devel] Re: OpenLDAP performance issues

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu May 12 04:06:55 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 16:50 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi Dieter,

> > By adding a DB_CONFIG[1] file to /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data and
> > adding 'idlecachesize 3000' to slapd.conf performance of slapd could
> > be increased.

> We already have DB_CONFIG file in the upcoming server release.
> It does not contain idecachesize, though.

Can you please report your results for RC1?

How much better does the performance get with the RC1 settings?

Can you propose better DB_CONFIG values?

In general 5000 mails in 68 minutes looks too slow to me and my simple tests
show better results.

> > An anonymous bind of nobody would reduce the number of searches, as
> > each bind requires two search operations.

You mean for the postfix lookups?

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany