[Kolab-devel] Kolab troubles under high load

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Sun May 8 20:08:29 CEST 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 18.46, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> On Friday 06 May 2005 11:55, Matt Douhan wrote:
> > I am not convinced that several instances of the filter is actually
> > in use, how can I check that?
> >
> > SHould I see several kolabfilter and kolabmailboxfilter in ps output
> > ?
>
> Yes, you should see several instances of php when looking with top or
> ps. I see over 10 instances running when I "mailbomb" my test-server.

ok I had some troubles with SBK, after fixing it the nr of filters are flying,
so next week will be very interesting.

I guess there will be a tradeoff between nr of filters and the overhead of
launching the php interpreter for every filter.

I will keep reporting as the load increases when people are back in the
offices tomorrow

--
Matt Douhan
www.fruitsalad.org