[Kolab-devel] SyncKolab - Improvements for reading of Kolab XML events

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed May 4 13:20:27 CEST 2005

Hi Niko and list readers,

find attached improved versions of two files of SyncKolab 0.4.8. In
tools.js, there I've basically added two convenience functions for
traversing the XML tree. I've also done some small adjustments to fix some
minor bugs.

In calTools.js, there I've added a proposal for a license header. Then
I've reorganized the functions in logical groups. Changes in xml2Event()
are marked by FIXME (only partially solved things or bugs) and TODO
(things which need further investigation before one can start coding).

I've added nearly all known Kolab XML tags. Some data can't be assigned
to Mozilla events because they are unsupported in Sunbird. I've worked
maily in improving the import of events with recurrence. Basic cases are
already covered. In fact, I can read my own events pretty well now.
However, more complicated cases (containing exceptions, more than one
week day etc.) need some more effort. I'll see how much time I can
afford to improve the code further.
You may want to read the code for further details, I've tried to comment
the code a bit more for better readability.

Niko, can you please include the changes into your next SyncKolab release?
Perhaps there are some people out there waiting for this import to be
working, it would be good if they can participate in the improvements.

Best regards,
Andreas

--
OTTO Software Partner GmbH, Freiberger Str. 35, 01067 Dresden, Germany
Andreas Gungl
e-mail: Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de