[Kolab-devel] Password hashing

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Mar 31 18:37:02 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 31. März 2005 17:52 schrieb Roland Gruber:

Hi Roland,

> Windows passwords have the same problem, they can easily be cracked if
> an attacker calculates the hashes for all possible passwords.

If I understand it correctly the attacker needs access to the hashed passwords
in order to succeed.

We don't allow reading of the password. (wx)

access to attr=userPassword
     by group/kolabGroupOfNames="cn=admin,cn=internal,@@@base_dn@@@" =wx
     by group/kolabGroupOfNames="cn=maintainer,cn=internal,@@@base_dn@@@" =wx
     by self =wx
     by anonymous =x
     by * none stop

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany