[Kolab-devel] Problems with Cyrus and Folder Names

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu Mar 31 15:28:14 CEST 2005

"Joon Radley" <joon at radleys.co.za> writes:

> "(" and ")" fails, this was tested by Till. "@" fails with virtdomain
> enabled. "'" also fails, this was reported by 4 different people. "&" is
> used as part of the RFC3501 encoding and I cannot remember if they had an
> special escape for it.

The & seems to be quoted correctly and is does work.  I don't know
whether kontact tries to escape the other characters.

>> The folder with @ is created on the server but setting
>> annotations fails.  Folders with ( or ` cannot even be
>> created.  AFAICT, kontact doesn't try to escape these
>> characters for imap.
>
> So what would you propose as a solution to this.

Fix Cyrus Imapd.  According to doc/overview.html as contained in
imapd-2.2.12-2.3.0_kolab.src.rpm:

  In this implementation, non-ASCII characters and shell metacharacters
  are not permitted in mailbox names.

( ) ' & and ` are shell metacharacters.  & probably only works because
of the modified utf7 support.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/