[Kolab-devel] Problems with Cyrus and Folder Names

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Mar 31 11:21:09 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 31. März 2005 11:10 schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi Joon,

> > Firstly we need a list of the problematic characters. Then we
> > can check with the IMAP RFCs and the Cyrus implementation.
>
> This may change from file system type to file system type used. So
> determining the full range of problem characters can be time consuming and
> error prone.

Hmm, to my knowledge all modern unix systems including Linux support UTF-8 for
filenames and directory names.

> Yes I would like it also, but we need a workable solution that will be
> accepted and implemented by the Cyrus developers.
>
> The ANNOTATEMORE patch was submitted almost a year ago and it still has not
> been incorporated into the main server. We can continue to customize Cyrus,
> but at some stage the gulf between the customized version and the main
> stream version will become to big to maintain.

Yes, I agree but I think we shall conclude to increase our efforts in getting
the patches accepted upstream.

On the other hand the effort required to maintain the desired featured across
many clients if imho bigger than a single server side patch.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany