[Kolab-devel] Kolab user management

Roland Gruber post at rolandgruber.de
Wed Mar 23 18:28:51 CET 2005

Hi Cajus,

Cajus Pollmeier schrieb:
> looking at the kolabDeleteflag, it seems to request a complete delete of the
> DN which contains it - if I'm interpreting the perl code correctly.
> Technically this is a problem for tools like LAM or GOsa, because they might
> want to remove the Kolab aspects of an account, only.

this should not be a problem because since the kolab obectclass is
structural it will not be easy to delete it (don't know if structural
object classes can be replaced by ldap_modify).

The greater problem is the deletion of entire accounts. LAM can not just
delete the account but must only set the delete flag.
Maybe there should be two solutions for direct delete and kolabd delete.

Greetings,
Roland