[Kolab-devel] Kolab user management

Roland Gruber post at rolandgruber.de
Tue Mar 22 17:35:22 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
>>One user also mentioned that there are some scripts involved beside the
>>plain LDAP accounts. I could not find documentation about this topic on
>>the Kolab homepage.
>

> The architecture documentation explains this, you can also see the principle
> design in the very old version of:
> http://kroupware.kolab.org/technical-1.0.1-html/c421.html#AEN424

ok, this looks like I only have to create LDAP accounts and the kolabd
will do the rest automagically. No need to call any scripts from my side.

> Best for you would be to have a running Kolab2 Server as example.
> What happens it that we have regular users and one kolab server object
> and each ldap change gets distributes towards the kolabd component.
> This is a daemon that will take action when ldap changes,
> it creates mailbox accounts in cyrus, sets permissions there
> and on seeing the kolabldeleteflag, it will clean up and then delete the objects
> from the ldap.

What do you mean with it deletes objects from LDAP? Are there different
accounts for completed users and those who need to go through the kolabd
process?

What about modifying accounts, will kolabd also update the existing
accounts?

At the moment it looks like being not very hard to implement, just a
question of time. ;-)

Greetings,
Roland