AW: AW: Server problem on freebsd (Re: AW: [Kolab-devel]KolabDeleteflagindex_param failed)

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Mon Mar 21 13:00:52 CET 2005

Ok, done it, so far.

> The chance is high that this is a network problem then
> or a freebsd specific configuration which prevents openldap to open a port
> for other interfaces. Unfortunately I do not know much about freebsd...
> On GNU/Linux an iptables -L is a nice check and netstat can tell on
> which interfaces slapd is listening.

LDAP is listening on all interfaces now. I changed rc.conf.template and
extended openldap_url. There was only the local interface listed.

Now I can access the LDAP with a browser from another machine.

Only thing I still can't do is accessing the LDAP from Outlook. If I click
on address book it waits for some seconds and sometimes it says "Invalid dn
syntax (81)" or it opens the address book which is empty then. It depends on
the search base I provide (and maybe on authentication as well).

Since I can see the LDAP directory now, where are the users supposed to be.
Aren't they supposed to be in external? Isn't that the search base for
Outlook then?

Thanks again
Sönke