[Kolab-devel] Re: [GOsa] GOsa and Kolab accounts

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 21 12:11:04 CET 2005

Am 21. Mar 2005 um 11:54:13 schrieb Benoit Mortier:
> Le Lundi 21 Mars 2005 11:38, Bernhard Reiter a écrit :
> > Am 18. Mar 2005 um 21:45:57 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:

> > > Integration - well. Both projects have similiar ways to get things
> > > running. I.e. kolabGroupOfNames, gosaGroupOfNames, kolabDepartments,
> > > gosaDepartments, etc. It would be really nice to have this stuff
> > > unified in some way and use one schema for both, beeing compatible. But
> > > it's real live - the nice thing of having standards is that there are
> > > so many of them ;-)
> >
> > I agree that it would be nice to have, but then again it is hard work
> > and Kolab and Gosa developers would need a business case for it.
>
> I normally will have a business case for kolab Gosa integration..

The problem in estimating it is that we would need to do a
significant portion of the work to be able to give a serious estimation.
Having said that I guess that having an ldap export look at both schemes
will take about a day.
Next you a Gosa and a Kolab expert to sit togehter and try things.
After this you can estimate the rest.

> But i wondering what's the amount of work to make Debian Kolab pacakge ??

I would seperate two issues:
	a) Integrate Gosa and Kolab to work together, supportable
	for customers
	b) Make a Debian package that makes good use of usable
	Debian components. (Making a dumb package that only installs
	openpkg and the rest is almost trivial,
	but it also is also only show.)

b) is a lot more work than a).
I was talking a) above and my wild guess for it is less than 20 working days.

	Bernhard