AW: [Kolab-devel] KolabDeleteflag index_param failed

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Fri Mar 18 14:28:49 CET 2005

Ok, thanks.
Then something seriously went wrong. I installed the kolab server twice
already. Same results. I can't login from another machine with an ldap
browser with manager+password. It's the same when I try to login
anonymously.
I am using the java "Ldap Browser\Editor v2.8.2" by Jarek Gawor. Has been
working before when I ran an LDAP without Kolab.

So probably SASL has the same problems logging in. It says Can't contact
LDAP every ten minutes in the log file. And that's why I am getting these
messages by perl saying "no worthy mechs found" every ten minutes on
standard output.
I didn't change anything in the configuration and the bootstrap process
didn't give any errors.
Btw: I can login with the webadmin tool. No problem.
In Outlook 2003 the Toltec Connector gave no errors either but if I try to
send a message via SMTP it can't.

My problem is that I don't really know what to look for in openldap.log and
what log level to use (256?).

My config is Kolab2 beta3 on FreeBSD 5.3
I am really disappointed already cause I have this problem since a few weeks
now and I don't know what to do anymore...

Hi,

> Another question: Is it possible to access the LDAP with an LDAP browser
> from another machine (cause LDAP is running on loopback interface)?

Yes, of course. By default the Kolab OpenLDAP server listens on all
interfaces.

Regards,
-- martin