[Kolab-devel] How to deal with security problems in Kolab 1

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Mar 10 17:07:40 CET 2005

Le jeu 10/03/2005 à 07:15, Bernhard Herzog a écrit :
> The new Beta 3 of Kolab 2 fixes some security problems.  At least one of
> them, the one in cyrus imapd is also present in Kolab 1.  Kolab 1 uses
> imapd 2.1.x so an upgrade to 2.1.18 would seem to be necessary:
> How should we deal with this for Kolab 1?  Which Kolab 1 versions are
> affected?

With Mandrake, there is no need to update Kolab, since it uses the
standard servers included with the distro. So as long as the users have
configured their updates, it will pick automatically the newer cyrus
imapd.

The Mandrake advisory for cyrus imapd is at the following address:
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/security/advisories?name=MDKSA-2005:051

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>