[Kolab-devel] Toltec Beta 65(OL2000) - Toltec Beta 65(thin client environment) - Horde - Kontact HEAD and Kolab2 = success

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Fri Mar 4 10:04:59 CET 2005

Hey

Just to let you guys know I have successfully combined all three clients now
and it works a treat, some things are a bit "iffy" but all in all a great
feeling sharing a folder using kontact and seing it in OL and at the same
time viewing my own calendar in Horde using a Mobile phone connection and a
laptop.

I also tried the Toltec beta 65 in a thin client environment with windws
terminal server and FBSD thin clients running krdc/rdesktop and it works a
treat :)

I was even able to use terminal server from my IPAQ and use the Toltec prepped
OL2000 setup :)

Things to look out for:

Kontact:
The only thing here is weird timeout errors on and off, but nothing major
AFAICS

Toltec
Signed msgs does not get downloaded correctly
It would be great to have one calendar with multiple resources, like the other
clients have, I mailed Bill and whined about it so who knows :)

Horde
Just dont use it in production, it works GREAT as long as it works but it
still selfdestructs and rewrites IMAP ACL's on the fly and at will. but it is
extremely sweet before it hurts you :) so I am very much looking forward to a
stable horde framework with Kolab.

This is looking very promising to me guys keep up the good work :)

--
Matt Douhan
www.fruitsalad.org