[Kolab-devel] Roadmap Planning

Benoit Mortier benoit.mortier at opensides.be
Tue Jun 28 22:30:58 CEST 2005

Le Mardi 28 Juin 2005 21:22, Daniel Molkentin a écrit :
> Hi Kolab Lovers,
>
> I returned from LinuxTag, spending quite some time to talk with people
> about Kolab and a lot of people there asked for a roadmap on what will
> happen beyond 2.0. So I want to ask everyone of you: What features do you
> want to see and, more important, which ones would you commit to?
> Also: do you have a "pet feature" under the hood that would be worth
> becoming part of the next release?
>
> I'll list the most frequent features people asked for (in no particular
> order):
>
> - Web Interface (coming with Horde, maybe announce along with a new
> release) - Multidomain handling
> - (Optional) independence of OpenPKG: Someone said he was working on
> Debian packages, etc, what's the status?

That's us, i have filled the wiki of kolab with our findings.

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_linux_distribution_integration#Debian_Sarge

Debian packaging
- Horde cvs packages are ready
- patched cyrus is ready
- We started looking at the :

kolab-resource-handlers/freebusy/
kolab-resource-handlers/resmgr/

That's for now

> - Better integration with existing LDAP directories

We will try to intgrate with samba and an ldap tree managed by GOsa

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier
Linux Engineer