[Kolab-devel] perl-kolab modules

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 28 21:12:37 CEST 2005

Op woensdag 22 juni 2005 00:20, schreef Steffen Hansen:
> > The prefix is not needed anymore.  Well at least it will not be
> > determined during runtime, but during buildtime with autoperl.
> >
> > $ap::config->{sbindir} e.g. is actually $prefix/bin
>
> I did see the patches, sorry for not being responsive. I'm out of town
> currently, but I hope to be able to collect those patches and get the
> autoperlized perl-kolab that is currently cvs HEAD into the same
> workable state as the released version early next week.

Hello Steffen,

since the beginning of autoconfiguring kolab we have used a seperate
directory, dist_conf, that holds the distribution date.   This is a bit
cumbersome, as the dist_conf has to be included and distributed with each
kolab module.  This this difficult to maintain.

As perl-kolab is now more or less autoconfigured it might be a good idea the
move the dist_conf directory to perl-kolab.  The reason is that perl-kolab is
the first kolab module being build (and installed).  During the (rpm)
installation the distribution specific file from the dist_conf directory can
be installed to $libdir/pkgconfig/kolab.pc.  Once this file is installed it
can be included during the build of subsequent kolab packages such kolabd and
kolab-webadmin.  Is this feasible?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless