[Kolab-devel] btw, an intro to why i'm suddenly here =P

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 28 01:33:18 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 27. Juni 2005 18:28 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:

Hi Aaron,

> the logo and the catch phrase "The Open Source Groupware Solution" .. both
> of which are linked to the About page.

> erm, no, i understand the difference between these quite well. there's
> still no reason for two tabs, one for managing administrators and one for
> managing maintainers. one page should be able to handle both and show the
> appropriate management facilities based upon the privelege level of the
> user.

If a adminstrator logs into the Kolab web admin gui she only sees the
maintainers tab. So I don't see the need to merge these two tabs as _only_
the single manager (compare this to root on a unix system) ever sees both
tabs at the same time. Administrators are expected to by familiar with the
inner workings of the Kolab server.

If a maintainer logs in the web interface neither the admin nor the
maintainers tabs are visibile.

> no, a link to the local About page.

Ahh, then I am fine with it. If there is a local About page shipped and
properly link I don't have a problem with removing the tab.

> consultancies by providing co-marketing oppportunities that are accepted
> within this community.

What I understand sofar is ok with me. I am looking forward to your
contributions!

> whew! so i'm not contributing noise to the wrong place, but noise to right
> place ;)

;-) I think marketing is currently more important than coding.

> btw, who manages the copy and structure of the website on kolab.org?

It is maintained in the CVS and honestly a big mess.

Yours,
-- martin

--
   Groupware Challenge 13. Juli 2005
   Drei Konzepte - Drei Systeme - Eine Veranstaltung