[Kolab-devel] Server Side Outlook Plugin idea?

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus.pokorra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:44:31 CEST 2005

Hello Fabio,

I have seen links for this project before.
But I think, their approach is to replace Outlook, and keep Exchange.
"An Open Source connector for Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003, to put it short."

That would not help much with Kolab. Kolab does not emulate the
Exchange way of doing things.

One GPL approach I have seen so far is http://openconnector.org/, "The
Open-Source Outlook Connector Project". Kervin Pierre can probably do
with some programmers to join him in his effort. His goal is to first
support Cosmo, which is a CalDAV server.
see his mail on
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7579064&forum_id=14055

I think supporting Kolab would be an additional possible effort, once
all the MAPI things work. I would like to help, but my time is very
limited at the moment.

I have not heard anything about
http://www.sourcextreme.com/projects/outlook/mapi/ anymore. It is
probably only a toolkit, without a working connector? Or did I
understand that wrongly?

Timo