[Kolab-devel] [issue817] Article about Kolab

Tom Chance kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jun 23 19:03:56 CEST 2005

New submission from Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>:

Ahoy,

I'm currently researching an article about Kolab for Newsforge. I'd be
grateful if you could help out by answering a few questions and passing on
some information.

Basically the article will be an overview of the technology, providing readers
with useful bookmarks and information alongside a little history on the
project. So could you provide me with:

- Any fictional/real ways in which you could use Kolab, beyond the very
  obvious. Use cases that only Kolab can perform (well) are especially good.

- Any advice on how you got the disparate technologies to work together

- A succinct reason why somebody would want to set-up Kolab rather than their
  own chain of mail agents, address books, etc.

- A little info on KDE's new kolab set-up

If you have any other thoughts, just throw them at me and I'll see what I can
do with it.

Kind regards,
Tom

messages: 5007