[Kolab-devel] kolab2 dependencies/integration

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jun 21 22:57:27 CEST 2005

Hi Markus,

> A few days ago I started with kolabd. I checked the files out and found lot's
> of hardcoded paths. Tomorrow I'm going to start writing an initial
> configure.ac and later the Makefile.am. I think the next thing is that we've
> to replace the hardcoded paths with variables like @prefix@, @sysconfdir@ and
> so on.

Sounds great. Would make it a lot easier. Would my patch files be of any
help? They should list all (most) hardcoded paths.

What will happen with the Conf.pm module from perl-kolab? It contains a
number of hardcoded paths that are being used to write the configuration
files from the template files. This could be handled by the dist_conf
file but I think it would be better if the destination paths (as well as
permissions and ownership) could be handled by another configuration
file inside kolabd.

Regards,

Gunnar