[Kolab-devel] kolab2 dependencies/integration

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Tue Jun 21 21:36:32 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 12:23 pm, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op dinsdag 21 juni 2005 21:03, schreef Corey:
<snip>
> > Is the Kolab project bound and determined to keep it's source packages as
> > openpkg only?  There really should be a way for distributions/platforms
> > to provide their own native packages for Kolab, for better/natural
> > integration with existing software/services.
<snip>

> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_linux_distribution_integration
>
> The wiki page above is about an attempt to make kolab just portable.  Which
> is of course more work and more difficult, but at the end its easier for
> all.  I hope you can help with this attempt.

Excellent!   Yes, I would very much like to help - I think that it will be
help kolab to become more widespread in the long run if this option was made
available.

I'll look at more of the information provided in that wiki page ( the kolab
compile options and patches was exactly the sort of thing I was looking
for ), and make an account as well.  Is the wiki where all the discussion is
taking place, or is this mailing list the place to discuss?