[Kolab-devel] [issue811] kolabd eats memory

Maximilian Winkler kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Jun 20 09:26:58 CEST 2005

New submission from Maximilian Winkler <maximilian.winkler at fh-deggendorf.de>:

The kolabd process takes more and more memory over time. After 2 weeks of kolab uptime, the
kolabd process consumed about 40 % of available RAM (which is actually 2 GB). The system started
swapping to the hard disk. This odd behavior started when we changed two things on our server:

1. We downgraded from kernel 2.6.8 to 2.4.26 (was necessary because the newer kernel showed
some hardware incompatibilites)

2. We have about 2700 entries in our ldap now; before the behavior showed up, we had only about
60.

messages: 4981
nosy: max
priority: bug