[Kolab-devel] Re: Problem with imap folders and Horde

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 14 23:13:06 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 22:08 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> Keeping things simple usually is a good thing,
> as you probably agree to.

Yes, but if a simple implementation leads to more complexity for the user than
it is desirable in the long term to make it simpler for the user while
increasing the complexity and flexibility of the implementation.

In general make slogan/rules/formulas as simple as possible but
not simpler! [*]

> Do you see a compelling specifiy
> reason to change this?

Please don't oversimplify ;-)

The answer to your point is that it depends on the time scale. In the short
and mid-term we want a simple and stupid [**] implementation but in the long
term we want the solution to appear simple with regards to usabilty.

Now back to the original web admin gui topic. From the users point of view he
is only aware of "her" kolabHomeServer and might not even have https access
to the central master server.

Yours,
-- martin
[*] http://www.janko.at/Zitate/Autoren/Einstein.htm
"Mache die Dinge so einfach wie möglich - aber nicht einfacher"
[**] For Kolab2 this mainly means ease of implementation and robustness

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany