[Kolab-devel] Re: martin: doc/architecture freebusy.txt, 1.13, 1.14

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 14 21:13:21 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 20:40 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi Bernhard,

> > the upload option. The server side code can be made O(1). While the
> > communication overhead has a strong O(n) component.
>
> an interesting finding.
> This could be added to the text.

IMHO the freebusy.txt is about the definition of an architecture not about
educating people about why which decision has been taken.

> > But on the other hand client side pfb makes sense somewhen in the future
> > for privacy reasons.
>
> I think this was one of my motivations to have it in there.
> If you agree that it makes sense in the future, why not add it again?

Yeah adding it to freebusy.txt for future privacy reasoning is fine with me.

In addition we will be able to use the upload feature for very complex
distributed accounts. (E.g. for administrative or legal reasons it might be
required that different pim folders including calendars must be stored in
different administrative domains but still people might want to have a
central fb service...

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany