[Kolab-devel] Re: martin: doc/architecture freebusy.txt,1.13,1.14

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 14 20:03:27 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 18:02 schrieben Sie:

Hi Bernhard,

> There was more in the commit, you deleted one future aspect.
> What was the reason?

Basically after some experiments I came to the conclusion that even with very
large sites the overhead for the communication of the client generated pfb is
larger than an optimized server side pfb generation. This overhead is
increasing with larger folders to the disadvantage of the upload option. The
server side code can be made O(1). While the communication overhead has a
strong O(n) component.

Wait for the commit later this week or the weekend.

But on the other hand client side pfb makes sense somewhen in the future for
privacy reasons.

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany