[Kolab-devel] kolab admin tool (was integrating kolab in debian sarge)

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 8 22:45:00 CEST 2005

Op woensdag 8 juni 2005 11:37, schreef Stephan Buys:
> The idea behind this (and we need "buy-in" from all users and distributors)
> is that maintainers will customise the scripts to fit with the
> distribution.

I assume that you're aware of the porting efforts to integrate kolab into
distributions.  I would think that once that is finished that the above
desire will be fulfilled automatically or am I mistaken?

> Another couple of thoughts.
>
> It should be trivial to:
> a) drop "kolab" command in /usr/bin/
> or
> b) link /kolab/bin/kolab to /usr/bin

This might be achieved by the porting effort undertaken at the moment.  Marcus
and and others will be looking at the kolab cvs module from now on (as
Steffen has committed the ported perl-kolab module today!!).

> This way a user doesn't need to know about opa, or even about the kolab
> hierarchy. They just need to know to run the kolab command.
>
> A backup script and the bootstraps, etc. can also be integrated as well.
> All common admin tasks can be integrated.
>
> The "kolab" command can even detect if a machine has not been bootstrapped
> yet and guide the user to it...
>
> Lots of possibilities.

Indeed.  But maybe let's first finish the kolab integration with other
distributions to see what is left to be done?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless