[Kolab-devel] drawbacks if kolabmailboxfilter.php is removed

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Jun 8 02:36:05 CEST 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 16:38, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:

> Sorry for my other typo, OpenPEC could accept only SMTP and output
> LMTP.
>
> I could also modify kolabmailboxfilter.php using KolabSMTP call
> (defined from KolabTransport) but i need to use only one instance of
> OpenPEC.
>
> OpenPEC will get emails from the frontend postfix and then will
> deliver to:
>
>  - SMTP (port 10026) envelope signed by OpenPEC
>    Those emails are sent to certified isp users and certified isp
> mainteiner and are signed with the key of the PEC server (PEC in
> italian is Posta Elettronica Certificata which means Certified
> Electronic Mail)
>
>  - LMTP directly to the mailbox user.
>    Those emails are sent to local users and OpenPEC need to be
> guaranted that email is delivered.

I see. So the problem is that if OpenPEC is put into the pipe between
kolabmailboxfilter and cyrus lmtpd, it is too late in the process.

> 2) Write an LMTP Proxy using net-server-mail
> (http://rs.rhapsodyk.net/devel/net-server-mail/) that sit between
> OpenPEC and kolabmailboxfilter.php giving the "OK" to OpenPEC only
> then kolabmailboxfilter.php receive the OK from the Cyrus LTMP
> Server. Something like OpenPEC-> LMTP
> Proxy->kolabmailboxfilter.php->Cyrus LMTP Server.

I think you have to either use the above solution or run two instances
of OpenPEC.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se