[Kolab-devel] IMAP ACL using a distributionlist

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jun 5 23:32:27 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2005 23:31 schrieb Till Adam:

Hi,

> > --> the  burden of prefixing the ACL can be put on the Kolab client
> > instead of the user.
>
> Yeah, but how do we figure out whether the added email address represents a
> dl or a user, short of an LDAP query (which requires online server access)?

This is easy!

Simply decide upon syncing(*) to the Kolab server which implies access to the
server ;-)

There is no urgent need to know this information when entering the ACL in the
dialog.

(*) In case the user is connected I recommend to do the synching of this
folder immediately in order to be able to provide usable error notices as
early as reasonably possible.

Please note that this is all independent of the group issue as the very same
issues also apply for ACLs using plain users.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany