[Kolab-devel] IMAP ACL using a distributionlist

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jun 5 22:59:14 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2005 22:55 schrieb Till Adam:

Hi,

> > What is the contents of /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd.group ?
>
> We figured it out, the acl needs to be added with a group: prefix, like so:
>
> group:foo at domain.tld

Yes, this is correct. This is due to namespace issues in the traditional unix
user/group model. In Unix in contrast to Windows a user and a group may have
the same name.

E.g. you may have a user "foo" and a group "foo".

Till: From a technical point of view in Kontact we don't allow for users and
DLs to have the same name. So we don't allow the ambiguousness of Unix but
limit ourself to unique names.

--> the  burden of prefixing the ACL can be put on the Kolab client instead of
the user.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany