[Kolab-devel] Re: Proposal: Encourage downloading kolab from mirrors in a nicer way

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jun 2 00:38:13 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005 08:57 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Wednesday 01 June 2005 07:29, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005 07:05 schrieb Thomas Arendsen Hein:

> > > It will be possible to copy the URL in obmtool.conf to a webbrowser
> > > and use one of the URLs on the resulting page for $URL. This has to
> > > be documented somewhere (maybe directly in obmtool.conf).
> >
> > No, this concept is totally broken. Please don't start to make things
> > that complicated but better fix the real problem.
>
> Can you be more specific about what is conceptually broken with issue383?
> This is not quite the same topic as "ftp.kolab.org",
> but about the comfort of obmtool.conf,
> so I cannot relate from your previous comments.

It is conceptually broken to ask people "to copy the URL in obmtool.conf to a
webbrowser and use one of the URLs on the resulting page for $URL."

This would be horrible from a usability point of view.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany