[Kolab-devel] Hotfix remote security vulnerability ClamAV

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jul 26 21:49:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

as mentioned yesterday on Bugtraq and today on Heise Newsticker there is a
remotely abusable security vulnerability in ClamAV.

The version shipped with Kolab 2.0 release ist also vulnerable. We therefore
provide you with a hotfix for this issue. Please get updated packages with
the most recent ClamAV from:

	http://www.erfrakon.de/seiten/aktuelles/index.html?article=26

The provided packages only limited testing and work for our customers running
Kolab Servers on Debian woody and SUSE systems.

Please report any issues direktly to me.

I expect a formal advisory for Kolab 2.0 in the next 24 hours.

Please note that the vulnerability is exploitable also for Kolab servers
running in the intranet behind a firewall.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/