[Kolab-devel] Problems with LDAP accounts in Kolab GUI

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jul 26 16:49:50 CEST 2005

Hi Roland,

> Any idea where this comes from? There is no "tes" in any attribute.
> Must there be any relation between cn and sn/givenName?

Yes, the expected relation is that cn = givenName + ' ' + sn. On writing
a user to ldap the web frontend will set cn to that value. On readout
from ldap the web frontend will set givenName = cn - len(sn), which in
your case results in 'tes'.

> Can you change this behaviour so that Kolab also copies the object classes?
> It would be even better if you did not create a new account but just use
> ldap_rename() to change the DN.

Did you add your own required objectclasses? In that case I think you
won't be able to use the web frontend.

Regards,

Gunnar