[Kolab-devel] Problems with LDAP accounts in Kolab GUI

Roland Gruber post at rolandgruber.de
Tue Jul 26 11:35:26 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have some strnage problems with LDAP accounts which were not created
with the Kolab GUI.

This is my test entry:

dn: cn=testneu,dc=lappi
cn: testneu
uid: testneu
uidNumber: 10002
gidNumber: 10000
homeDirectory: /home/testneu
loginShell: /bin/bash
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
givenName: neuer
mail: testneu at lappi
sn: test
kolabHomeServer: default.kolab.de
kolabInvitationPolicy: ACT_MANUAL
userPassword: {SSHA}T9hBa+LnmuC+I4QoqJGtARVBC4EtXx8P

1. The first name is not displayed correctly. Kolab shows me the first
name as "tes" instead of "neuer".

Any idea where this comes from? There is no "tes" in any attribute.
Must there be any relation between cn and sn/givenName?

2. When I try to change the first/last name I get an object class
violation. It looks like Kolab changes the cn attribute to a temporary
value (e.g. "ara4yya0s2ktairb") and then changes the DN. After that it
builds a new account with the new DN and adds all attributes to it.
But there it does not add all object classes and the LDAP server reports
a schema violation.

Can you change this behaviour so that Kolab also copies the object classes?
It would be even better if you did not create a new account but just use
ldap_rename() to change the DN.

Greetings,
Roland