[Kolab-devel] Kolab: Cyrus replication HA option

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Thu Jul 21 21:00:14 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 17.18, Kevin Baker wrote:
> I will probably spend some time on it over the next month.
>
> I'd be curious to know what simpler solutions you have
> tried... rsync with, stop cyrus and re-rsync then start is
> the best I have heard recently.

We have two different solutions in semi production to see wich one pans out
best.

1, Snap shot the fs, dump, copy restore

2, Snap shot the fs, mount the snapshot and rsynch it to the standby.

A lot easier then messing with IMAP things, but the lag is as large as the
synch time between hosts.

but for a normal server, with some 3-400 GB storage, we can dump and copy and
restore fairly quickly.

rgds

Matt

--