[Kolab-devel] Header checks again

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Mon Jul 18 10:21:08 CEST 2005

Hey

We have an installation where we have an unusual way of doing things and it is
causing us some issues.

Since we recieve and send an extreme amount of emails we have offloaded 2
things to a bundle of EXIM frontend servers.

Multi domain sorting and virus/spam filtering

so the bundle, takes email in as name.lastname at domain.tld filters it and then
sends it on to that domains kolab server on name.lastname at internal.domain.tld

this of course makes email and things work nicely, but vacation scripts fails
miserable because the rewritten headers are not matching the kolab domains.

here is an example error msg

Jul 18 10:11:19 kolab2.domain.tld <info> postfix/pipe[45502]: 1645813A631:
to=<matt at xxxx.yyyy.org>, relay=kolabfilter, delay=0, status=bounced (service
unavailable. Command output: PHP Warning:
fopen(/kolab/var/resmgr/resmgr.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied
in /usr/kolab/var/kolab/php/kolabfilter/misc.php on line 81 PHP Warning:
fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
in /usr/kolab/var/kolab/php/kolabfilter/misc.php on line 118 PHP Warning:
fflush(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
in /usr/kolab/var/kolab/php/kolabfilter/misc.php on line 119 PHP Warning:
fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
in /usr/kolab/var/kolab/php/kolabfilter/misc.php on line 118 PHP Warning:
fflush(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
in /usr/kolab/var/kolab/php/kolabfilter/misc.php on line 119 Invalid From:
header. <malin.edholm at zzz.se> does not match envelope
mailer-daemon at xxxx.yyyy.org )
Jul 18 10:11:19 kolab2.domain.tld <info> postfix/qmgr[86692]: 1645813A631:
removed

Steffen how can I be a bit less radical with the checks?

This is not yet upgraded to 2.0-R since the next maint window is not until
October 7, I really need a workaround solution for now.

--
Matt Douhan
www.fruitsalad.org