[Kolab-devel] [issue845] deleteflags on groupofnames are not honored

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jul 14 17:22:28 CEST 2005

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Server 2.0:
If a deleteflag is set to a kolabGroupOfName,
kolabd does not delete it. Currently the web interface directly
does the deletion.

The existance of a deleteflag for this object assumes
that web admin and kolabd should honor the deletflag for distribution lists.
Reasons are probably:
      a) consistency with other objects
      b) possible future cleanup operations

I could not reach Martin by phone to confirm this.
Martin: Please confirm.

Talking to Steffen on the phone we found out that there is a time of
inconsitency when a user, which is the last user of a distribution list
is deleted. The user might be gone before the distribution list is gone.
This can be remedied if objects that are flagged to be deleted will
not be used, so at least for postfix we could enhance the ldap filters
to make sure no deleteflag is set.

This is needed for 2.0 branch.

assignedto: steffen
messages: 5130
nosy: bernhard, bh, martin, steffen
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: deleteflags on groupofnames are not honored
topic: concept, kkc, server, web admin