[Kolab-devel] change of ldap syntax was: [issue839] problem when kolabHomeServer is missing

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Wed Jul 13 11:27:54 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,

Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> writes:

> Am Montag, 11. Juli 2005 09:02 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:
>
> Hi Dieter,
[...]
>> If you go for a rewrite of kolab.schema I would recommend to rename
>> the schema file in order to make changes distinct.
>> Furthermore I would like to add a few more changes, in particular to
>> syntax of some attributes, but this is an other topic.
>
> Please provide a diff -Naur to our current CVS version and post it here for
> review.

I would like to discuss the idea first.
In kolab2.schema there are a few attributes like kolabFreeBusyFuture
and kolabFreeBusyPast with syntax integer
(1.3.6.1.4.1.1.1466.115.121.1.27). Integer, by definition, is a string
of digits and the syntax has no ordering rules. I would recommend to
change syntax to numeric String (1.3.6.1.4.1.1.1466.115.121.1.36),
which is defined as an string of digits and may have spaces. The
advantage ist that numeric string provides ordering rules and
substring matching rules (numericStringOrderingMatch,
numericStringSubstringsMatch), which would it make possible to search
for ordered values like more than ..., less than...
The same applies to generalized Time syntax, the syntax allows
ordering rules, thus I would like to add the rule
generalizedTimeOrderingMatch to the appropriate attributes.
Any comments?

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung