[Kolab-devel] cannot set annotations using cyradm

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Mon Jul 11 21:48:11 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 11. Juli 2005 17:11 schrieb Henning Holtschneider:
> So, I tried to set the annotations using cyradm. I applied Steffens patch
> to Admin.pm. Unfortunately, cyradm still won't let me set the annotations:
>
> localhost> mboxcfg
> user/hholtschneider/Kalender at loca.net /vendor/kolab/folder-type
> event.default mboxconfig: Permission denied
>
> Any suggestions what I have to do to fix this?

Henning, you can try something like this:

kolab:~ # imtest -c -a <user>@<domain> localhost
S: * OK kolab.osp-dd.de Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.8 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE STARTTLS
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN video at osp-dd.de {5}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0
. LIST "" "INBOX/Calendar"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Calendar"
. OK Completed (0.000 secs 2 calls)
. SETANNOTATION "INBOX/Calendar" "/vendor/kolab/folder-type" ("value.shared" "event")
. OK Completed
. SETANNOTATION "INBOX/Calendar" "/vendor/kolab/incidences-for" ("value.shared" "reader")
. OK Completed
C: Q01 LOGOUT
* BYE LOGOUT received
Q01 OK Completed
Connection closed.

Mind the dot before the commands, they are important to make imtest work.
Otherwise you'll get one error after another...

IMO this is not scriptable, but perhaps you find some way. Kontact should
be able to add the permission to that folders as well, but I'm not really sure.

Regards,
Andreas